Pet Friendly Milton Keynes Apartments
We love pets here at The Almere and welcome our residents to bring their pet along to enhance lifestyle and living experience. As you might expect, we have some simple terms and conditions that we ask everyone to abide by – to make sure that you, your pet and all of our residents are safe and happy. If you have any questions, or would you like to bring a pet to The Almere please speak to a member of the team and we’ll get everything sorted right away. There is no additional cost to your monthly rental for pets.
Pets that are welcome:
- Dogs – small to medium breeds only (20kg max)
- House Cats
- Caged Birds
We are sorry, but we don’t allow:
- Gerbils, Guinea Pigs or Ferrets
- Exotic pets – Reptiles, Snakes, Spiders or large exotic birds such as parrots and macaws
- All animals listed in the schedule of the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 or listed within the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991
- Residents must request permission to keep a pet as part of the application process, and only pets on our approved list will be accepted.
- We can’t accept any animal listed in the schedule of the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976, protected or dangerous breeds.
- Any dog listed under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 may not be kept at The Almere, including Pit Bull Terriers and Japanese Tosa.
- The only large dogs (e.g. such as Labradors or Alsatians) that will be considered for tenancy are assistance or service animals.
- We can, usually, only accept one cat or dog per apartment.
- You may be required to provide additional information about your pet, including, but not limited to, evidence of vaccinations, flea and worming treatments.
- You may be asked to bring your pet for a meet and greet, with supporting information, before we finalise your tenancy.
- You are responsible for the care of your pet and of the apartment at all times. Where a member of The Almere another resident has raised concern over an animal’s welfare, we reserve to right to contact the appropriate authorities.
- You will be liable for the cost of any damage caused to the apartment or communal areas by your pet. Any damage must be reported to the onsite team immediately.
- A check out inspection will be carried out at the end of your tenancy and you will be responsible for the cost of a deep clean, including carpets, if required. We may from time to time request a mid-tenancy inspection to ensure the apartment is being looked after to the required standard.
- Residents who allow their animals to foul in the common areas of The Almere, including but not limited to the lounge, communal area and garden, may be fined in accordance with the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014..
Your tenancy will be at risk for breach of any of the above terms and conditions.